Thursday, July 24, 2014

Blueberries and Chickens


Blueberries were never a favorite of the big girls.


Oh sure, they ate them when they felt like it. But, could care less one way or the other. Oh, those round things that only LOOK like grapes - pshaw.


UNTIL, the Banties received their rations. Oh Lord, you'd have thought the world was coming to an end.


How dare you give our blueberries to the little ones. We LOVE blueberries! Give them to us, NOW! Else, we'll go on 'LAY' off status.


Even, mild-mannered, Esther pitched a lay-down screaming fit.


The whoa-man threw a handful to them and they scarfed them down like they hadn't eaten in a month.

Crazy chickens.

1 comment:

  1. My big ones go crazy when the little ones eat anything. When I gave my hens blueberries, I was shocked at all the ghastly blue poop until I remembered What I fed them the night before. Patsy Cline still is not laying as she did before I got little ones.

    ReplyDelete