Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Few Pictures

Gardening has been slow this year. 

Had to replant the squash after the vine borers had their fill. I have them under guard (from me and Larry)

The squirrels demolished almost all the sunflowers this year. A couple left, for now. We didn't get the mammoth flowers from the saved seeds of last year. I heard another person had similar results - cross pollination from planting different varieties close together. 

Basil

Hanging out at the fence spreading rumors.

I made them a small run for some fresh foraging. It's accessible to both pens and I can segregate as needed. 

This is from a picture of Goose. I couldn't make her hair-do work, so...

...still, turned out pretty nice. 

2 comments:

  1. That turned out great! What a wonderful old-timey toy that could be for kids...

    Your tomatoes look great. This 90-100 degree heat is killing ours. I read that many vegetables will bloom, but not set fruit at these temps.

    I love your run, too. Looks easy to manage. The only basil I planted drowned in the umpteen inches of rain we had. I didn't bother to replant, since I mostly use it as a companion plant.

    Was your mammoth sunflower a pure strain? If it was a... whatever it's called, they tend to not grow true to the parent plant.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower of your Blog - I too have a Blog and I would love for you to become a follower of my Blog. Here is the link:

    http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

    I love photos like you have on your Blog - seeing the different farm animals and anything that is related to farm type stuff.

    I just love looking at all of your photos of your Chickens and other photos as well. Your Sunflower is just beautiful...wow....that is one big huge Sunflower.

    Happy Farming
    Linda K, Railroad

    ReplyDelete