I bought and hung half a small pumpkin for both sets of girls. They ate the seeds but, have pretty much left the rest of it to rot. Perhaps, it's too hard? I'll leave it for a bit.
We'd had an indoor fly problem, off and on. Couldn't figure where they were coming from. One day going to feed the meal worms we found out. Baby flies everywhere. I took the drawer outside, let the flies out and covered it with screen. That only trapped the little ones. Solved our problem in the house but, it took its toll. I found maggots in the corners and a bunch of my worms/beetles were dead. I made a new drawer, picked out several handfuls of beetles and began anew. The old bedding and remainder of living (and dead) went to the outside feed bin in Gordon.
A new product in my Etsy shop.
Ordered some supplies of paint brushes and daubers for an easier and uniformed look. More to come.