Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall. Mealworms. Etsy.

The mornings are getting cooler. Evenings, too. Depressing. I know winter is close at hand.

I bought and hung half a small pumpkin for both sets of girls. They ate the seeds but, have pretty much left the rest of it to rot. Perhaps, it's too hard? I'll leave it for a bit.

We'd had an indoor fly problem, off and on. Couldn't figure where they were coming from. One day going to feed the meal worms we found out. Baby flies everywhere. I took the drawer outside, let the flies out and covered it with screen. That only trapped the little ones. Solved our problem in the house but, it took its toll. I found maggots in the corners and a bunch of my worms/beetles were dead. I made a new drawer, picked out several handfuls of beetles and began anew. The old bedding and remainder of living (and dead) went to the outside feed bin in Gordon.

A new product in my Etsy shop.





Ordered some supplies of paint brushes and daubers for an easier and uniformed look. More to come.


3 comments:

  1. Eww. Glad you figured out what it was though.
    Who is the little dude there?
    Hubby is building a coop...
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a fly problem that would stop and then start again. I forgot what was causing it, but I stopped the problem.

    Gordon is cute. What does he do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hens go nuts for pumpkin seeds and love the rest of the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete