Monday, November 9, 2015

It's a Mushroom

For years we've watched this fungus grow from our backyard tree. The whoa-man did a little research.  It's an edible mushroom! Who knew? Endangered in the UK. Doubt I'd eat it anyway.

Haven't posted any chicken pics in a long time. All of them have reverted to wild. Won't let me get too close. (even Mags) Not much time for them, anyway. Took a pic the other day. Goose in molt. She's quieted down a lot but, still an idiot and bottom of the pecking order.


  1. That is quite the fungus. Some of them bring a lot of money, especially in restaurants. I don't remember any big farmer's markets in your area, but the one in Raleigh is open all week. You could take a picture and ask around in that section where most of the wholesalers sell.

    Or just enjoy it.

    Have a great week!

  2. That is a huge fungus. I would not eat it either. Well, if someone ate some and did not become ill the next day, maybe I taste it. Goose looks pitiful.